YOUNG PEOPLE'S COMPETITION
2016 Young People's Competition
Center for Visual and Performing Arts
To Qualify, the student must:
· Play any musical instrument or sing (solo, duets, trios and quartets are also accepted)
· Memorize any musical selection of their choice (2 minute maximum)
· Finish grade 11 by June 30, 2014
· Reside in Lake, Porter, LaPorte, Jasper, Newton or Starke Counties or study with teachers in the above counties or be a member of the Northwest Indiana Symphony Youth Orchestra
· Must provide their own accompanist for auditions
· Winners must provide their own Symphony-approved accompanist at the concert
· Contestant may not have been a winner in the same event for the 2012-2013 or 2013-2014 seasons
Winners will play their piece (2 minutes maximum) at a classical, pops, education, outreach or summer concert within 18 months following the competition. These assignments are at the discretion of the Music Director.
Call 219-836-0525 x 201 or e-mail education@NISOrchestra.org for further information on qualification and other questions.